3/11/2008

Hello!

We just got back from sunny Florida. It was lovely! Of course, it was warm down there (duh), but there were enough breezy periods where I had to wear a sweatshirt too.

There was time for a long walk on the beach (and I mean loooong...I think we almost ended up in Cuba), visiting cute babies-in-law, a dip in the pool, and a visit to a Mets spring training game in St. Lucie. They didn't do so well in the game we saw, but they won the next game they played.

Oh, and I got to walk around the Sawgrass Mills Mall, a very large outlet mall. The Hub was quite patient.

I want to show rather than tell, and I have some nice photos, but they probably won't go up for a week or two, due to busy-ness and technical stuff. So...the baseball diamond and the beach will be yours to ogle next week.

Speaking of technical stuff, my cell phone broke. Well, there's nothing on the display, although it lights up and turns on. So if you called me and left a message, I didn't get it. Please e-mail me or call me at home. (And if you didn't know I had a cell phone, well, I haven't given my number out that much, because of things like the fact that they break, but I should have the phone repaired or replaced by the end of the weekend.) I'm also just catching up on e-mail now, so I apologize if I didn't get back to you.

Brief news

Apparently, while we were away, some interesting news events occurred:

-Eliott Spitzer came out of the closet as a heterosexual!

-"Mary Ann" from Gilligan's Island was arrested for pot use. I bet she needed it, due to lingering resentment over being called "and the rest" at the end of the Gilligan theme in the older episodes. That always really bothered me, too. I'm glad they eventually changed it to "The Professor and...Mary Ann..."

-I feel like I need a third thing here for the list. But what can compare with a prosecutor-turned-governor paying $4,300 for a call girl...and Mary Ann lighting up a fattie? Was the bong made out of a coconut and some bamboo? Skipper! Professor! What are these strange plants by the lagoon?

Wow, I'm tired. At least I got through some of my e-mail, so that's good.

No comments: