3/03/2008

Crickets

On Saturday, two things were being given out for free in NYC. Near Macy's, representatives for Tic-Tac gave us some new sour apple Tic-Tacs. They weren't so exciting to suck on, but I liked the tangy flavor once I bit mine.

On 42nd Street some people representing the Food Network were giving out free packets of dried crickets in salt and vinegar, as a snack. It was meant to publicize Andrew Zimmern's show where he eats weird food.

The Hubby and I unwittingly each took a pack, and then threw ours out at a nearby trash pail. The crickets probably would have just tasted like any other dry snack with salt and vinegar, but I wasn't into it. I did consider bringing it to work and leaving it on the table in the kitchen just to hear people's reactions, but I didn't want to carry the dried crickets around that long.

If you would have wanted them, sorry. Maybe next time you're in the big city, you can get equally lucky.

No comments: