2/05/2008

R.I.P. Amy Vining

Disclaimer: This entry is of interest to practically no one, except those who watch, or once watched, General Hospital. Hubby and all men: You may turn away from the blog and go back to your Giants parade.

Anyway...

Shell Kepler, the actress who played Amy Vining on "General Hospital," has died at the age of 49. No cause of death has been released as of yet.

She hasn't been on the show in six years, but I remember fondly her gossipy, funny young character. I grew up watching "GH" right after school, mainly because my mom always had it on. For a little while during the early 1980s, the storylines and dialogue were quite brilliant.

I remember in particular one time that Luke Spencer, who was on the run with Laura, called the hospital to get some information. He was trying to do it secretly, but who should pick up the phone but Amy Vining, who was a nurse and also Laura's sister. Amy blurted out, "HEY, EVERYBODY, IT'S LUKE!"

I guess the actress ended her TV career a few years ago to do charity work or something.

It's funny - I bet I could still turn on GH today and know half of the characters. So Amy Vining was part of my extended TV family.

Rest in peace, Ms. Kepler. http://news.google.com/news?hl=en&q=%22amy+vining%22&um=1&ie=UTF-8&sa=N&tab=wn

No comments: