12/23/2007

Merry Xmas to all!

I hope all of you have a wonderful holiday.

Yesterday the Hubby and I went into the city to do a little shopping, see some freight train displays, and see the Rockefeller Xmas tree. This year, the tree came from beautiful Connecticut. Many good things have come out of Connecticut. Many good, sweet things.

The best train display was at Citicorp at 53rd and Lexington. There's something wonderful about freight trains. Maybe because even in this modern era of planes and iPods, you can still spot a vintage boxcar tottering along, stamped with some foreign town you haven't been to (Burlington, Santa Fe, etc.) and an old-fashioned pro-business slogan ("Southern Serves the South!") With model trains, you get to see these boxcars rolling through towns decked out to look just as quaint as the trains, with model Esso gas stations, theaters, ice rinks, post offices...it's really quaint. There was a small line to see the Citicorp display, which is inside.

At night, we ate at the renowned Jackson Hole Burgers, which has several locations. I do not recommend getting a veggie burger. I know, I know, "Why in the world would you go to Jackson Hole to eat a veggie burger?" Well, I did it because they're healthy, duh. But their veggie burgers are thin, too soft, and green. There were actual whole peas in them. I like peas, but really....I have had better veggie burgers that were frozen in a box. They were a little more meatlike in consistency. Next time I am there, I'll probably get a turkey burger as an alternative to beef. The Husband seemed to like his burger.

Today was a football day. The Giants are in the playoffs. Do you care? Well, they are. So there.

Have a nice Xmas!

No comments: