3/27/2005

Woke up, put on clothes, didn't go to work.

I was 2 busy 2 blog 2day. Part of that busy-ness involved attending a gathering of some bloggers, and there were some really interesting people there.

Before that I went to the soup kitchen, because they often need extra volunteers on holiday weekends. There was a church youth group there from Hershey, Pennsylvania.

One of the adult leaders of that group sat next to me and told me that they were from Hershey and had brought Hershey's candy to give out. So I said, "Why didn't you bring anything from Intercourse?"

He looked at me blankly.

Then I realized maybe it wasn't the nicest joke to make to a church youth group leader. But it was funny, right?

After a few minutes of silence, he said, "Oh, you mean, Dutch Country."

"Yes," I said. "Like, Shoefly pie or something."

There, I'd saved myself. But come on. It was funny. And at least I didn't blurt out my first thought, which was, "It's lucky you weren't from Bl*eball, eh?"

Happy Easter.

No comments: