3/13/2005

Woke up, put on clothes, didn't go to work.

I got a very nice e-mail that also shows the benefits of authors blogging:

CNN had a segment on blogs and how they affect politics. I became intrigued after watching this segment and did a search on the web. That led me to ... blogs and came across yours. I just wanted to let you know that I found your blog to be interesting, sometime humorous and always real. Your blog in turn, pointed me to your home page and your previous works. I just ordered Carrie Pilby. I hope that your third novel does well, it seems like you put a lot into it.

Thanks! That was a nice e-mail.

Unrelated:

It's almost too easy

Yesterday I was driving (rental car) and "Changes" by David Bowie came on. I was happy to hear it, as I haven't heard it in a while. Then I thought, "I could download this for 99 cents at iTunes." But I don't want to. Why? I don't want it to be that easy. I will get sick of the song if I listen to it too much. There are certain songs that I want to still be treats and surprises.

There are perils of things becoming too easy. I have tapes from high school that contain some songs that I waited for literally years to come on the radio so I could tape them. Sometimes I had heard them once on the radio and didn't even know who sang them; I just wanted to hear them again. I couldn't just put the lyrics into the internet.

A friend from college told me she doesn't get sick of songs, like I do. I don't know...everything loses its newness in time. The songs on my iPod are there mainly to run on the treadmill to. I purposely didn't put my favorite songs on there. I don't want them to become like chewing gum that lost its flavor.

Updates

Still waiting to hear back from my agent regarding what other revisions need to be done to my book. Good agents take a while because they are busy. But I also wanna get the thing out there, as you can imagine. Sigh.

No comments: