11/09/2008

Updates

1. I had my first Walter's wiener today. It will likely be my last for a while, as hot dogs are not on my 'healthy' list, but they always smelled so good when the hubby had them. The accompanying "sweet spuds" were yummy, too.

If we go again, I will post photos. Not to leave you in suspense or anything.

2. A rant:

A few weeks ago, a girl in my writing group was saying that she almost bought a sandwich for a local homeless person once, but then she noticed the person was smoking a cigarette (so??) I guess her implication is that if she could afford cigarettes, she could afford food. Now, that is just stupid and a lazy excuse not to help someone who clearly has a crappy life. Maybe the cigarette is the only bright spot in an otherwise miserable day - how many of us need 100 of those bright spots to keep us going all day (internet breaks at work, drinks after work, a hug from someone we love, or whatever?) Secondly, maybe someone gave her the cigarette.

Thirdly, no one in their right mind would choose to be on the streets with barely anything - it's not an easy life. Someone who stays there has problems most of us can't imagine. Certainly it's not as easy as sitting in front of a computer being paid, as many of us likely are right now.

Think about it - you are being paid right now to read my blog!!!!

So if the dollar here or there won't set you back, give it to someone else who may need it, and don't trouble yourself about whether it goes to the right place or not. It might give someone a pickup for a second. If you give to three people and one of them is helped, it's better than giving to zero.

3. I forgot it.

Darn!

No comments: