11/10/2008

Grinchoweenie

Three topics today:

1.  Is there a Halloween version of the Grinch?  I may be married to one.  He said there should be a week and three day grace period for people to remove pumpkins on the stoops, in windows, etc.  After that, pumpkins should not be out anymore.  I tried to make the case that gourds can sorta relate to Thanksgiving, but he wasn't having it.

I asked him if there's a Halloween grinch.

Me:  What do you call someone who demands that pumpkins be removed?
Him:  Honest!!

Hmmm.  Wait 'til he gets a load of people's Xmas trees being thrown out in April!

2.  Interesting numbers:

CNN says, "Poll finds public deeply pessimistic."

3.  Lately people have been asking me about books and agents a lot.  Is it the economy or something?  Is everyone suddenly working on their book?  Actually, the people who asked me all have jobs, but it's still strange that in the last few weeks, three people have asked me about how to submit proposals, look for an agent, etc.  Well, I'm always happy to help!

4.  Some day I have to write about the influence of typing on my life, if I already haven't.

No comments: