10/02/2008

'Worst book i've ever read. biggest waste of time.'

I recently discovered a goldmine of reviews of my book that I previously didn't realize existed. I mean, I knew about the site and had friends on it, but I didn't realize there were like 26 capsule reviews of my book on there.

OK, maybe authors shouldn't narcissitically look at these -- but it's fun. Most of them are really positive, and then there is the one above, which is fine too.  My book's not to everyone's taste, but I'm glad so many people read it.

Anyway, I can see it being the worst book she ever read...but come on, biggest waste of time?! Has she ever watched The Girls Next Door?

UPDATE:  Two different people e-mailed me to ask why someone would read it or finish it if they thought it was the worst book ever.  Well, maybe she was curious to see what would happen, even if she hated it, or maybe she really didn't finish it and read enough to know it sucked.  I'm really, really, not offended!  Some liked it, some didn't.  If she said she met me personally and thought I was an evil person, THEN I would be offended.

So thanks for the condolences, but it's perfectly fine.  I'm lucky anyone has heard of my book enough to give it a bad review!

No comments: