10/30/2008

Holes in your pop culture knowledge

A friend and former trivia host wrote in her livejournal recently about how she's never seen the Karate Kid.  She asked what movie everyone else "should" have seen but hadn't.  It's an interesting question...but can really be expanded to all pop culture. 

What movie, book, tv show, etc. do you feel that you have to get around to seeing, but haven't?  I'm trying to think of mine.  I probably should have seen "The Producers" at some point, but haven't.  I haven't seen the movie or the play.  But I don't really care.  I guess I've seen a lot of classic films like Casablanca, so no holes there.

There are a lot of books that I tried to read after college because I always thought I should have read them, so I did.  I read War and Peace, Madame Bovary.  Some of them I forced myself through and didn't really enjoy, and it probably was silly because I can't remember a thing about them now.  So it's fairly useless.  I couldn't tell you a single thing about Madame Bovary.  Then again, maybe if I read it today, I'd feel differently.

Then, there's another category...things everyone else hates that you liked, and things everyone else loves that you just don't get.  Sometimes you avoid things out of principle, and miss out on something good.

Anyway, just thought I'd stimulate your brains (at least, the low culture portions) for a bit.

On that note, tomorrow is Halloween and I am going to go into work DRESSED LIKE MARIA FROM THE SOUND OF MUSIC!!!  Sorry, but I am.  My poor hubby probably thinks I'm weird.   I'll try to return to being normal before I get home.  But maybe not!

Cliiiiiiiiiimb evvvvvvvvvvvry mountain!

No comments: