6/06/2008

Pointless dream files

I've said it before:  Often, my dreams have no significance whatsoever.  Usually they stem from something, but not necessarily anything important in my life.

Last night I got some confirmation of the silliness of the majority of my dreams.  I had a dream that I was in a clothing store and I wanted to buy some pants, shoes, and another item I don't remember.  When I went to buy the shoes, I couldn't find them.  So I got the pants and the other item.  (Maybe it was a blouse.  I remembered what it was this morning, but by now I don't.)

So in the next part of the dream, when I got home, there was a girl by the door.  I instantly recognized her as someone who had been shopping right next to me, and knew she was going to accuse me of accidentally taking something of hers while she had been trying on clothes.  (It made sense in the dream, it really did).

Finally I went inside and couldn't avoid her.  She told me that her shoes were missing, and she wanted to know if she had accidentally taken them.  I told her that it was odd, because I couldn't even find the shoes I wanted when it was time to check out!  I told her that maybe the cashier swiped her shoes.  She was satisfied with this.

But later I checked in my room, and I had indeed accidentally taken her shoes.  And I realized why she would have been so upset - they were Vera Wang shoes!  They were green, incidentally.

I must pause here to say that I NEVER DREAM ABOUT FASHION and when I woke up from this dream, I thought that Vera Wang probably doesn't even make shoes.  I know why I had this dream, though - because of Sex and the City.  The Vera Wang scene and the episode on TV where Carrie's shoes get stolen at a baby shower obviously both were flitting about my subconscious for no particular reason (that TV episode is a great one, btw).

Anyway, I Googled to see if Vera Wang makes shoes, and she does.  Even some green ones.  

So yes, that movie has had an effect - but in real life, I still don't care about fashion.

Attention men:  Aren't you sorry you read this?

In other news...it's supposed to be like 90 degrees here this weekend.  Ooh!

UPDATE:  I just reread this entry and thought my hubby might react by saying, 'Um, sweetie, is this some kind of hint.'?  Answer:  NOOOOO!!!!  I would trip in those things, and any similar shoes, inside of two minutes.  There's a reason I wear Rockport sneakers every day (besides "because I can," which is a good one).  And no thanks on the $349 price (even on sale).  
Eek, now I'm a girl who had a dream about shoes.  I guess Sex and the City DOES have a terrible effect on the women of New York.  I'm going to go get some sushi and imitate Samantha now.  (If you haven't seen the film, boys, you miss the joke, ha ha ha!)

No comments: