6/01/2008

Movies

I looooooved the "Sex and the City" movie!  It was extremely funny (which is why I always liked the show), and there were a lot of twists I wasn't expecting.  I read a review saying it was predictable, but I didn't find the film predictable at all.  And they started off with a little background for those of you who hadn't seen all the shows.  Thank you VERY much to my sweet hubby for taking me and staying for all 2.5 hours -- that's right -- 2.5.  It was actually longer with previews.  

Movie II:  My mom and I watched "Atonement" on DVD.  Even though this was an Oscar nominee, I found that a lot of things about it fell short.  It took a while to figure out the plot, and once I figured it out, it should have been done much better.  For one thing, I'm tired of movies where we're supposed to believe two characters are in some great romance when they show us very little of them together - don't just tell us two movie characters are in love, and then expect us to be saddened when they're torn apart - show us first, so we actually believe it.

Of course, maybe I'd like it better on second viewing.  We were watching on a tiny TV in the middle of the day.  That takes away some of the ambiance.

No comments: