11/28/2007

Mailbag

Got two responses to recent entries.

J. writes, in response to the "helmet" question:


I have to think this is a phonetic spelling of “ailment”, especially if the writer might be used to hearing someone speaking English with some sort of other accent, like British or French. That’s funny stuff. I’ve gotten a few of those Nigerian scam emails lately, after I went a LONG time without getting one.

Lori writes:

Hey C, how are you? I was just catching up on your blog and I had to write you this second and tell you that I too wore sneakers under my wedding dress. The entire time. Not just after the ceremony. Every second of my wedding, I had on my lug-sole white canvas platform Sketchers (it was 2000, and that's what all the kids were wearing.) I still had to go to the podiatrist the next morning though, because by then I was wearing orthotic inserts for the heel spurs I had developed, and they wouldn't fit into those sneakers, so I went without. When I couldn't walk the next morning, I had to get a cortisone shot in my heel so that I could leave for my honeymoon the next day. Ah, good times, good times.
I'm enjoying the Hawaii pics very much!
-Lori

Thanks for writing, Lori and J!

Wow, three entries three days in a row, that might do it for this week. ;)

No comments: