11/22/2006

Nothing personal...

I was talking with a friend about blogging yesterday, and the topic of getting too personal in a blog came up. I don't think there's any benefit at all from it -- except for the fact that it's more entertaining for your readers. But most of them just read personal blogs the way they look at an accident. It can cause a lot more harm than good. I think offering your most private thoughts and actions as internet bait is risky.

With that in mind, I offer some thanks without getting too personal:

Thankful

I am thankful that I have some wonderful, kind, giving people in my life.

I am especially thankful that I met the Boy, who is definitely wonderful, kind and giving.

I am thankful that no one close to me is very sick right now.

I am thankful that I have a stable job where I've been for a long time. I remember how awful and degrading job-hunting could be. Not to mention being broke.

I am thankful that I have a warm place to go every night and every day, for work or play.

I am thankful that my dog Meg lived for 14 years and got and gave 14 years of hugs.

I am thankful that someone actually paid me to read my words (more than once!) It may or may not ever happen again, but I appreciate it.

I could think of 100 more things, but I just want to thank you.

No comments: