11/21/2006

A New Deal for Xmas

The sun'll come out
December seventh
because I'm going to see "Annie" in NYC
on December seventh!
There'll be sun.

Just thinking about
seeing Annie
clears away the cobwebs
and warms my fanny!
Come what may...

O Annie
O Annie
I love seeing
Annie
it's only 17 days
away.

Well, sorry you had to read that, but look on the bright side...
You didn't have to hear me sing!
Now that's something to be thankful for this year.


Furthermore

Maybe I was suspicious of the shooting below because it reminds me of this famous Boston case.

Update: Okay, why mince words - the guy probably did it himself, or hired someone to do it. It wasn't some mysterious "6-foot Hispanic man" who emerged from the shadows. Besides the sketchy details that are setting my journalistic alarms off:

1. The Post was all over this story, just like with John Mark Karr. However, responsible papers are being careful and attributing everything "According to police, the guy told them he was attacked...." rather than "according to police, the guy was attacked." They are qualifying everything. Some are even using "claimed he was shot..." rather than "said" he was shot.

Lest you believe police would not release this story if they didn't believe it themselves - yes they would. They can't release the fact that they think the fellow did it himself or hired the hit man who did it. That would hinder the investigation. If the press convicts him, the police have less chance of getting him comfortable enough to confess.

2. I guess I said everything in #1.


Coming tomorrow

Things I'm thankful for.

No comments: