7/18/2010

Scream for ice cream

In the news: "For our sweet-toothed readers, we have some bad news to report: Baskin-Robbins announced that it's shelving five of its 31 signature flavors including the classic staple French Vanilla, which was with the company since it started in 1945, Caramel Praline Cheesecake (1970), Campfire S'mores (1975), Apple Pie a La Mode (1976) and Superfudge Truffle (2007). This has happened before, but never to such magnitude."

I actually wasn't aware that Baskin-Robbins had such interesting flavors. I think I would have really liked all of those. Oh well! My favorite specialty ice cream flavor remains Ben & Jerry's triple caramel chunk (which was discontinued for a while and then brought back...thanks to ME [just kidding, but it WAS brought back]). I sometimes go years without having any, but I highly recommend it!

No comments: