12/19/2005

Ego-Googling

Yesterday there was a story in the New York Times Book Review about how writers can use special blog search engines to find out what bloggers are saying about their books. So, you know what I had to do today.

I used the Google blog search engine and read some delightful compliments. One girl wrote:

"I usually hate Red Dress Ink books, but my writing teacher says it's the only good one."

Hahaha! Well, there are some other good ones, but hopefully your teacher will assign it.

To writers

I'm on a chick lit loop, and one writer just sold her book and posted this:

And I have to add, to everyone getting rejections and feeling discouraged right now, don't give up! My "practice" novel got 60+ agent rejections. There were many times that I felt I'd never get published. But I kept writing, and here I am! Take care everyone!

So there you have it. I imagine she did a lot of revising over that time. No one sends to 60 agents at once, nor 60 editors...ever. The first few give you feedback and you do more work. It's a process.

No comments: