1/13/2007


Update

So I went to the Strand. Unfortunately, the Book Nazi was there. You've heard of the Soup Nazi from Seinfeld, right? Well, the Strand has a Book Nazi.

When you hand in your books to sell, there's a guy who decides what he wants and doesn't want. If he doesn't want something, he is mean about it. One of my books that I brought in was signed by the author. The guy working with the Book Nazi said to the Book Nazi, "She says it's signed by the author." The BN responded, in a monotone, "Whoo-pee." What a jerk! I think he is trying to cultivate some sort of twisted fan base.

I ended up with $13 cash. The trip to and from the city cost a total of $3 on the PATH, so I guess I've got a windfall to deal with. I gave away the books I didn't sell.

The important thing is that I got rid of books I no longer need, and The Boy and I have more room to breathe.

Anyway, I'll be posting a photo of the line of people trying to sell books, when I download it from my camera.

If you have a lot of books to sell, you can sell them to the Strand, but usually they only pay about a dollar a book unless it's something relatively new, special, or in perfect condition.

No comments: