1/29/2007

Da Bears

I think I am going to root for da Bears to win da Superbowl, even though the Colts are OK too. There are a few reasons. One is, they won like the first seven games of their season and surprised everyone, yet, the minute their young quarterback started faltering, all of the commentators were saying he should be canned. He did really badly in two games, but geez, how fickle those commentators are! They were saying during the next game after that, if he didn't perform, he would be replaced in the second half. And he showed his stuff, and shut them all up.

So now da Bears are in the Superbowl, and they're still the underdogs. I like the Colts too, but it'd be fun to see da Bears win.

One thing, though. Why are they called the Bears, anyway? Is there a single bear in the city of Chicago? Come to think of it, are there colts in Indianapolis?? There are probably Dolphins in Miami. They can swim in and out. There are giants in New York. Shrek was playing in most theaters in the city, as far as I can remember. And Jeremy Shockey is 6'7". So, lots of giants in NYC, in one form or another. There are also definitely jets.

I could keep going on with this, but that would be unladylike and I should get back to Oprah.

Updates:

I should know better than to write about things that my readers will all know more about than I do, like sports.

Sam from Hawaii writes:

I've never been so dissapointed in you... Da Bears? Indianapolis is my birthplace, and if Payton Manning and the colts lose, he'll be labeled a loser the rest of his career! You don't want THAT on your conscience do you? Also... Shrek is an ogre, not a giant... huge difference! Fire your fact checker!

Aloha, Sam.. Go Colts

A female reader writes:

Super Bowl is two words. I'm rooting for that other Manning 'cause he's adorable. Not the Colts, justthe hottie QB.

Great...confirm men's worst stereotypes of women and why they watch football!

She later added this correction:

Jeremy Shockey is 6-5".

Keeper writes:

I hope the Staleys win also!
Before the white man; there were bears around Chicago, and Indians, like my great grandfather. Whose ancestors once occupied most of New York, and your home state as well. True times have canged; the Indians are now in Cleveland. I got to quit, I can't bare anymore of this!


Okay, I give up. No more writing about sports for me! Pretty, sparkly things only.

No comments: