1/05/2007

Responses

While the responses to my announcement of a few days ago have been of the "Congratulations!" variety, two people added that they are sad to be losing another single friend to marriage, even though they are quite happy for me. They just hate being left out. I understand that sentiment; it is a common one. Another person said she has trouble meeting people, since she doesn't go out much. I probably will have things to say on these topics at some point. I don't really blame anyone who feels left out when their single friends get married. I think people really need to support each other. I recently tried to set up two acquaintances (nice, interesting people) on a date, trying to do my part to get good people together. BUT I don't really want to say too much on these issues here, because after all, this is the internet and anyone can read it. If you're a friend, you should feel free to ask me by e-mail or in person about such things. But don't feel left out if your friends are getting married. It can happen to you at any time. I may write more about that someday, but for now, I just wanted to respond briefly.

Long project at the end

The book I've been working on for a long time is going to be mailed to Superagent VERY soon. I need to do final nips and tucks.

Today is the birthday of someone I knew in elementary school, whom I haven't spoken to since I was about 14. Why do I remember such weird things?


Nuts over Grape Nuts

Last week I ate my no-fat sundae that I thought up many years ago when I'd graduated from college and decided to finally get rid of the extra dining-hall pounds.

It's actually very tasty.

Put Grape Nuts cereal in a microwave-safe bowl with skim milk.
Cook in microwave for 2 minutes, until cereal is warm and thick.
Put cold yogurt on top.

I love the way the cold fruity yogurt tastes on the warm soft grape-nuts mix. YUM.

Note: A certain boy I know thinks that Grape Nuts "smell like kitty litter." Guess they're all for me, then.

No comments: