1/08/2007

Monday

No time to post all of the things that swirl around my brain, but....has anyone else had major problems with slow holiday-time mail this year? I've had major problems with packages in the last two weeks. And I sent a Barnes & Noble gift card to someone on Dec. 27 and they still haven't gotten it. And today I got an Xmas card in the mail from someone.

The fact that they closed the post office for Gerald Ford's death didn't help matters. Not only weren't packages delivered, but that's a day of paperwork and stuff the postal employees got backed up on.

But there's something bigger going on, I think. Today was a record year for people ordering gifts on-line. With all those extra packages floating around, I don't know if the post office was prepared. I know that UPS hired a lot of extra people, one of whom supposedly delivered a CD to my front door on Dec. 8 that I never got.

Anyway, whine, whine, whine, whine.

Get back to work, bum.

No comments: