1/30/2007

More reader mail

Someone from down South writes:

Another reason you should not root for the Bears - Their fans were yelling at Saints fans, "Go back to your FEMA trailers!"Other things they yelled at women I will not repeat.I can show you the photo of a sign one fan held that said "Bears Finish WhatKatrina Started." I hope Peyton Manning, the Colts quarterback and a New Orleans native, makes all of those fans miserable Sunday.

Me too, if that's true. I heard about that sign but I thought it was something someone doctored for the internet, not something someone actually held up at the stadium. I think that person's sign should have been taken away for something so callous. I would also say that the person should have been removed from the stadium, but I guess that would violate his free speech...still, that's disgusting.

UPDATE: Apparently, I am not the only one who doubted that the photo was real. But also apparently, I have too much faith in humanity. It's on the "urban myths" website...and as it turns out, it's true. Check this out:

http://www.snopes.com/photos/signs/chicagobears.asp

Well, even if I can't root for da Bears, I can still enjoy the Super Bowl food this Sunday.

No comments: