5/21/2007

Groovy, baby!

Yesterday I cleaned the apt. I came across the Austin Powers-esque photo of my mom.



After I finished cleaning, I made fresh lemonade. It's not always worth it to make fresh juice these days when there are brands of juice in the supermarket that are almost as fresh. But it's nice to make it truly fresh, the way you like it. The downside: the lemons alone cost $3.50, and then there's the bother of using the food processor, etc.





I felt very summery.

Finally, it's only two weeks until my tale of summer woe appears in this Simon & Schuster anthology of memoirs about growing up in NJ.

Even though I usually don't get too personal in my writing, there is some slightly personal stuff in here - mostly just stuff that's not very shocking (that my parents were getting divorced and it was uncomfortable...not very surprising).

Anyway, I'll be participating in a reading at some point. The anthology includes some famous folks like Josh Braff and Tom Perrotta (who wrote the book on which the flick "Election" is based). It's good beach and vacation reading this summer, so pick it up when it debuts June 5. Whee!

Super-important update: Look at today's puppy!!!

No comments: