6/20/2005

CARRIE PILBY makes a great high school graduation or college graduation gift! Buy it at Amazon today! - Advt.

Will soon wake up and do it all again.

I just wrote some stuff here about the novel I'm finishing it up, and then I erased it. I'd rather wait until it's completely done to talk more about it.

The revisions are pretty much over. I'm going to just nip and tuck over the next few weeks and my agent will send it out in August, I think. I tried to rush it earlier this year, but it needed a bit more sculpting. Now, it passes the Cringe Test - meaning, I can open it to any page, and I like what's there and believe it all needs to be there and moves the plot along.

The process of waiting to hear back on this one could take a little while, and I'll still be slightly futzing with it because revisions never really end. In November, the Carrie Pilby sequel novella is coming out, and publicity for that should take some time, too.

I do have a few other ideas for novels in the back of my head that I will get to eventually. I get so emotionally tied up in what I'm writing that I'm not ready to start a new book until I can make it a priority in my life. And right now, it's not my main job.

People keep getting to this blog by putting in Justin Tussing, et. al. Yes, I know the New Yorker's debut novelists are fascinating. Really, I do!

No comments: