3/06/2004

Woke up, put on clothes, didn't go to work.

I had a dream that there was a puppy somewhere who was hungry, but it was really cold or was snowing in in the town in which I lived or something, so no one could reach it to feed it. (It wasn't my puppy; I just knew about it.) So a veterinarian had to call the puppy and give it instructions on how to remove and eat its pancreas, then stitch itself back up. The heroic puppy did so. Later it realized there was a hole in its cage it could have climbed through to go get food. I just woke up a second ago and don't understand how I was buying this whole thing, but while asleep, it seemed completely realistic. I'm thinking that later today I may get on here and erase it, because as the day goes on, I will feel more and more strange that I even though about it.

Last night was my reading in Hoboken, and thanks soooo much to everyone who turned out. Coming to see someone read parts of their book is kind, considering we can all just read them ourselves, but hopefully the Q&A was somewhat helpful or amusing, and there was a little food. So thanks, all.

I am going to see a real dr. on Monday about my shoulder. I think I might go back to bed now to celebrate not having to go to work today. (And to stop using my shoulder to type.)

No comments: